Article 1 (Purposes of Collection and Use of Personal Information, Items of Personal Information Collected, and Methods of Collection)
- 1. Items of the Personal Information Collected
The personal information that the Company collects from users at the time of membership registration is as follows.
① Upon registration of membership, “ID, password, name, date of birth, gender, email address, mobile phone number, account number” will be collected as mandatory information, and a member is a minor, information of its legal representative (name, date of birth, e-mail address) will be also collected. The address of the member will be collected as an optional information. The personal information that the Company collects from users in the process of using the services will be as follows.
② In the course of usage of services such as service use record, transaction information, payment and settlement records, copyright fees information, information including IP address and cookies may be generated and collected.
- 2. Method of Collection
The Company will collect personal information in the following ways.
① In the course of signing up and using the services, the Company will collect the personal information concerned when a member consents to the collection of personal information and directly enters the information.
② The Company may be provided the personal information by its partner companies, and may collect the personal information through the consultation service and promotional event at the customer center.
- 3. Purposes of Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Company will use the personal information of the member only for the following purposes, such as membership management, development, provision and improvement of any and all services related to Musicow (including mobile web/app).
① Personal information will be used for member management, such as confirmation of member’s intention to registration, verification of age and consent of legal representative, identification of users and legal representatives, identification of users, and confirmation of membership withdrawal.
② Personal information will be used for provision of services such as identification required for provision of contents, and purchase and payment services.
③ Personal information will be used for restrictions on the use of members who violate the law and the Terms and Conditions, prevention and sanctions against acts that prevent the smooth operation of the services including acts of fraudulent use, transfer of notice on amendment of the agreement, and record keeping for dispute settlement and user protection and service operation including handling of complaints, etc.
④ Personal information will be used for marketing and promotion purposes such as providing information on events and participation opportunities, and advertisement information, etc.
⑤ Personal information will be used for analysis of service usage record and access frequency, collection of service usage statistics, and provision of customized service and advertisement according to service analysis and statistics results.
Article 2 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
The Company will not provide personal information to outside without the prior consent of member. However, the personal information may be provided only when a member directly consents to the provision of personal information in order to use the services provided by partner companies, and when the Company is required to submit personal information pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations, or when the Company needs to eliminate the issues which threat the life or safety of a user.
Article 3 (Entrustment of Processing of Personal Information)
- The Company entrusts some of our duties necessary to provide the service to external companies.
① AT Solutions: provides mileage under partnership
② Wonjin Accounting Firm: makes tax report on other income and prepares audit report
③ LGuplus Inc. : Customer counseling
Article 4 (Retention and Use Period of Personal Information and its Destruction)
- 1. Retention and Use Period of Personal Information
when the user requests the destruction of personal information or when the user withdraws its consent for collection and use, etc. However, exceptions are as follows.
① When the service use contract is terminated due to the member’s withdrawal from the membership, etc., the Company will maintain information to a minimum extent such as ID (including email), name or trade name, contact details, transaction details, and data on violation of terms and conditions for one (1) year after the termination of the use contract only if it is deemed appropriate for protecting the investor and preventing discretionary termination to avoid the limitations set out in this Terms and Conditions.
② For a member with whom the Company has terminated the use contract or a member who is restricted from using the services by the Company, the Company will maintain information to a minimum extent such as ID (including email), name or trade name, contact details, address, and other information on contract termination and disqualification, etc. for one (1) year after the termination of the use contract for the purpose of confirming whether or not there is any reason for the refusal the membership.
③ The record on fraudulent use of a member will be kept for one (1) year from the time of fraudulent use in order to prevent fraudulent use of the services. In the meantime, if the laws and regulations stipulate the storage of information for a certain period of time, personal information will be kept for that period thereunder, but the information will not be used for other purposes.Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.
① Records on contract or cancellation, etc.: Kept for 5 years
② Records on price payment and provision of goods, etc.: Kept for 5 years
③ Records on consumer’s complaints and dispute resolution, etc.: Kept for 3 yearsElectronic Financial Transactions Act
① Records on electronic finance: Kept for 5 yearsProtection of Communications Secrets Act
① Internet log record: Kept for 3 months
- 2. Personal Information Destruction Procedures and Method
Personal information destruction procedures and methods are as follows.
- A. Destruction Procedure
The Company will select the personal information for which reason for the destruction occurs and destroy the personal information with the approval of the person responsible for protection of personal information.
- A. Method of destruction
Personal information recorded and stored in the form of an electronic file will be destroyed in a way that such personal information cannot be recovered or reproduced. Personal information recorded and stored in paper documents will be destroyed by shredding or incineration. For reference, Musicow separately stores and manages the personal information of members who have not used the services for one (1) year in accordance with the “personal information validity period system”.
Article 5 (Rights of Users and their Legal Representatives and Methods for the Exercise of Such Rights)
- A member may not agree to the collection, use, or provision of the personal information of the Company. In this case, however, the member may have difficulties in using some or all of the related services. Even if user has already consented to the collection, use, and provision of personal information, user may withdraw one’s consent at any time. In addition, the member may ask the Company to allow one to read or be provided with the following information about the member and, if there is an error, the user may request the correction to the Company.
① Personal information of the member concerned owned by the Company.
② Details on the Company’s use of personal information or provision to a third party
③ Details on consent to the collection, use and provision of personal information provided to the Company
Above mentioned rights may be exercised through written document, e-mail, and facsimile, etc. sent to the Company, and the Company will take necessary measures without delay. If a member requests correction of an error in the personal information, the Company will not use or provide the personal information until such correction is completed. However, if provision of personal information is required under other laws, such personal information may be used or provided. If incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, the Company will promptly notify the third party of the correction so that the third party can also make correction.
Rights of such member may be exercised through a legal representative or other representative including authorized person. In this case, a power of attorney will be submitted.
Article 6 (Matters concerning Installation, Operation, and Denial of a Device that Collect Personal Information Automatically)
- The Company will install and operate a cookie that stores and retrieves member's information from time to time. Cookie is a very small text file that is sent to the computer browser of the user from the server used to run website of the Company and it is stored on user’s computer hard disk.
1. Purpose of using cookies: To provide targeted marketing and personalized services by analyzing the access frequency and access time of members and non-members, understanding user’s tastes and interests, tracking traces, and identifying the degree of participation in various events and the access frequency, etc.
2. Installation, operation and rejection of cookies: A member will have the option to install cookies. As a result, the member may allow all cookies by setting options in one’s web browsers, confirm whenever cookie is saved, or refuse to store all cookies. However, if the member refuses to install cookies, there may be difficulties in using and providing some services.
Article 7 (Technical and Administrative Protection Measures of Personal Information)
- The Company will take the following technical and administrative measures in accordance with Article 28 of the Act on the Information and Communication Network to prevent loss, theft, leakage, forgery or alteration of or damage to personal information and secure the safety of personal information.
1. Establishment and implementation of an internal control plan for managing personal information in a safe way;
2. Installation and operation of an access control device, such as a system for blocking intrusion to cut off illegal access to personal information;
3. Measures for preventing fabrication and alteration of access records;
4. Measures for security by using encryption technology and other methods for safe storage and transmission of personal information;
5. Measures for preventing intrusion of computer viruses, including installation and operation of vaccine software;
6. Other protective measures necessary for securing safety of personal information.
Article 8 (Person Responsible for Personal Information Protection and Person in Charge)
- The Company will designate a person responsible for the protection of personal information as set forth below so that such person handles all works related to process of personal information, protects the personal information of users and process complaints from users in connection with the personal information and remedies such complaints.
1. Person responsible for management of personal information
Name: Seong-ryeol Seo
Title (position): CTO
Phone Number: 02-6928-0221
1. Person in charge of personal information
Name: Alex Jung
Title (position): Development Team
Phone Number: 02-6928-0221
A member may contact the person responsible for personal information protection and the person in charge and inquire about the matters concerning personal information protection, complaints, and damage relief occurred in the course of using the Company’s services. The Company will answer and process member’s inquiries without delay.